Life Science Washington is Hiring!
With one of the fastest growing life science/biotech sectors in the country, Washington state is your destination for new career opportunities...
Life Science Washington (LSW) is a 501(c)(6) non-profit trade association with a 20+ year history of supporting Washington state life science companies, research institutes, and partner organizations through advocacy, collaboration and investment.
Reporting to the Vice President, Membership, the Communications Intern will help build the brand through traditional communications tactics, social media and digital efforts.
- Assist in editing/managing LSW website and social media presence
- Write and proofread copy for e-newsletter
- Help maintain LSW’s mail chimp email database as needed
- Evaluate current communications efforts and make adjustments or recommendations as needed
- Assist in creating and developing event flyers, signage and announcements
- Other duties as assigned
- Experienced with social media marketing platforms
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to proof read documents
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a high degree of professionalism
- Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision
Additional Information/Application Process:
- Seattle/Eastlake location
- Flexible schedule within 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. office hours; this is a paid internship.
Email resume/cover letter to email@example.com, In the Subject line, note: Communications Intern and your name.