Life Science Washington is Hiring!
With one of the fastest growing life science/biotech sectors in the country, Washington state is your destination for new career opportunities...
Life Science Washington (LSW) is a 501(c)(6) non-profit trade association with a 20+ year history of supporting Washington state life science companies, research institutes, and partner organizations through advocacy, collaboration and investment.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Membership, the Business Development Manager is responsible for recruiting and retaining members from life science organizations and research institutions in Washington, as well as the service providers that support this industry; securing sponsorships for LSW programs and events; assisting LSW business solution partners to market their products and services to LSW members; and working as an ambassador for member engagement.
- Engage with members to provide them information on membership benefits and business solutions
- Secure sponsorships for Life Science Washington programs and events
- Develop and update membership marketing collateral including new member kit with VP of Membership
- Manage business solutions partner relationships including email communications and marketing activities
- Develop and implement strategies for member retention and recruitment with the VP of Membership
- Identify and research prospective leads, and grow business solutions partners
- Track & report on memberships, sponsorships and business solution partners as requested
- Produce monthly new member report
- Maintain and support membership database upkeep and management
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 2+ years of business development or membership related experience. Ideally, the candidate will have at least 2 years of experience in direct sales, sales management, or nonprofit development
- This is a relationship driven position, therefore excellent interpersonal skills are a must
- Ability to clearly and accurately represent the goals, features, and benefits of various LSW programs
- Fantastic customer service ethics and high expectations for quality
- Excellent written and verbal (customer presentation) communication skills; demonstrated ability to network with all levels in an organization to develop long term membership relationships
- Must work well on teams and possess ability to seek and accept feedback from management
- Ability to work independently, and to effectively manage multiple tasks and needs.
- Computer proficiency (PC-Windows preferred) and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and database skills
- Flexibility, a helpful, can-do attitude, and a sense of humor are essential!
- Willingness to step in and help out wherever needed
WORKING CONDITIONS: Some travel is required (less than 10%). General office work environment. Occasional evening meetings.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience with excellent employee benefits package.
Email your resume and cover letter with Business Development Manager, and your Last Name in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about Life Science Washington - www.lifesciencewa.org
Reporting to the Vice President, Membership, the Communications Intern will help build the brand through traditional communications tactics, social media and digital efforts.
- Assist in editing/managing LSW website and social media presence
- Write and proofread copy for e-newsletter
- Help maintain LSW’s mail chimp email database as needed
- Evaluate current communications efforts and make adjustments or recommendations as needed
- Assist in creating and developing event flyers, signage and announcements
- Other duties as assigned
- Experienced with social media marketing platforms
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to proof read documents
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a high degree of professionalism
- Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision
Additional Information/Application Process:
- Seattle/Eastlake location
- Flexible schedule within 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. office hours; this is a paid internship.
Email resume/cover letter to email@example.com, In the Subject line, note: Communications Intern and your name.